Elite Games - Свобода среди звезд!
ВНИМАНИЕ!
Наша конференция посвящена космической тематике и компьютерным играм.
Политические вопросы и происходящие в мире события в данный момент на нашем сайте не обсуждаются!

» FFE D3D: AndyJ version (22.10.2014) | страница 5
Конференция предназначена для общения пилотов. Для удобства она разделена на каналы, каждый из которых посвящен определенной игре. Пожалуйста, открывайте темы только в соответствующих каналах и после того, как убедитесь, что данный вопрос не обсуждался ранее.

Поиск | Правила конференции | Фотоальбом | Регистрация | Список пилотов | Профиль | Войти и проверить личные сообщения | Вход

Страница 5 из 13
На страницу: Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  След.    Перейти:   Все страницы
Поиск в этой теме:
Канал Elite » Канал проекта Elite 3 под Direct 3D: «FFE D3D: AndyJ version (22.10.2014)»
LK
 175 EGP

Рейтинг канала: 1(1)
Sorry, i never could to deliver my thoughts to over people even in native language - for what can i hope writing in English? Гы-гы

The post was about common difference of Imperial Courier engine exhaust between Frontier and First Encounters. Not between your and "classical" version.

In Frontier it was a dark blue boll with a stream throw backward, in FFE it was a common lightblue/cian tongue, present in all other ships.

what i mean:

Добавлено: 21:24 07-12-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Рейтинг канала: 6(352)

Ah, I see what you mean! It's a long time since I played Frontier and had forgotten about that.

I guess who ever moved the shape data across from Frontier to FFE also forgot about the difference too!

I had a quick look at the mesh data and the Imperial courier/trader ships both use model #215 which is their rotating engine pods. Unfortunately the data for this engine now just draws a standard 'pine' engine flare like all of the other ships.

This seems to be a bug in FFE as there actually IS a model #216 which is meant to be the engine flare for the Imperial engine pod!

I had an experiment to see if I could patch the engine mesh data to call it as a submodel, instead of just drawing the normal cyan flare, but that crashed the game. Ooops!

But because I can see the original draw commands and the colours that should be used - I had a plan B... Хы...

I've added some code into the normal engine flare draw routine to check if it's for the imperial courier/trader engine, and here's the result:

What do you think?

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (05:58 15-12-2013), всего редактировалось 3 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 01:28 15-12-2013   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
Рейтинг канала: 5(125)
AndyJ :
What do you think?

It's excellent! Улыбка
    Добавлено: 10:55 15-12-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Thank you Helga!
Have you had time to play the Anisotropic mod in the v1.06 build?
I hope that the crash during the assassination missions might now be fixed. Does it seem to be more stable?

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (16:59 15-12-2013), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 16:59 15-12-2013   
LK
 175 EGP

Рейтинг канала: 1(1)
i think it is awesome. Вау!
i have no deep notion about code structure in FFE, so
i thought there is a single flare model for all ship - and in that case changing flare will be imposible or it have separete flare for every ship. In reality, as you have discribed, it is more comlex.

I admire people who can to orient in outsiders code so fast Хы...
    Добавлено: 12:25 18-12-2013   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
AndyJ :
Have you had time to play the Anisotropic mod in the v1.06 build?

Sadly, no: too many work and too little time at the end of the year. Расстроен

AndyJ :
Does it seem to be more stable?

I'll chek it as soon as I have some free time.
    Добавлено: 14:39 18-12-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Thanks LK!

And There's no rush Helga. I was just making sure that you knew it might be fixed. Улыбка

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (17:07 18-12-2013), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 15:08 18-12-2013   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
AndyJ :
I hope that the crash during the assassination missions might now be fixed.

Yes, it is. =)And the game now correctly resumed from minimised state. Thanks! Улыбка

добавлено спустя 16 минут:
The game seems to be more stable and smooth but I finde a bug: if milDrivesCreateRadioactives set to 0 then used military fuel don't released cargo space.

Последний раз редактировалось: Helga (18:26 18-12-2013), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 18:26 18-12-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Oh not again!!! Расстроен

Thank you for spotting that Helga! I think that you also spotted the same problem with the 0 weight missiles cheat!

I really must resist the temptation to add cheats that other people have written in the future!!! Or ask you to test it first! Хы...

It's not quite the same problem as before:
Nic's mod had forgotten not to increase the value of "Available cargo space after equipment" after launching a 0-weight missile, while CheatModeFFE has forgotten to decrease the "Space used by Cargo" value.
Oh well, at least it was easy to find and put right for the next build... Thank you for spotting it so quickly!

I'm hoping that I might get just sneak out v1.07 in time for Christmas as it has a couple of nice fixes/enhancements.
Apart from the new courier/trader engine flare, lights are now drawing correctly on space-stations/bases, the sector grid is also much improved. The main enhancement: planets and suns don't just "pop up" into view now. They are being drawn from very far distances and can smoothly grow larger from tiny dots as you approach them. That really makes a big difference visually and Planets now often have a small sun visble in the sky rather than a round 'blob' Хы...
I'm just fine-tuning this enhancement before looking at doing the same for other larger objects such as space stations and satellites. If I get time then I also want to add the option to have multiple star textures so that the 3D game/planetary view can match up with the sun drawn in the information view... but maybe that'll be the following build!

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (01:03 19-12-2013), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 23:33 18-12-2013   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
AndyJ :
I'm hoping that I might get just sneak out v1.07 in time for Christmas as it has a couple of nice fixes/enhancements.

Awaiting with greate anticipation. Улыбка
    Добавлено: 19:41 20-12-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Just a little bit of fine tuning to do really, as found that letting the game draw 30+ asteroids models instead of sprite blobs is an effective way to halve the frame rate! (44fps->22fps on my PC)
just need to test the distance settings out and expose them via the config file so that users with weaker cpu/laptops can turn this enhancement off or reduce distances to maintain the frame rate.

Have added a new textures.cfg file too so that the artists out there can now add extra sun textures. This is so that the suns in the 3D views can match those shown in the system information view. Really this is for 64bit Windows users to benefit from due to the memory issues already. Also extra terrain textures can be specified so that variation can be added for each habitable planet type, or so that pre-coloured terrain textures can be used such as the ones that Ittiz created. (My preference is still to use grey-scale terrain images though, because FFE can then set the colours itself)

I won't have time to finish over the weekend unfortunately as family/friends to visit, but all being well I should be able to finish things off Monday/Tueseday - just in time for Santa to deliver! Хы...
    Добавлено: 06:42 21-12-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Sorry that I didn't quite have time to finish up in time for Christmas, but just as the year ends - here is v1.07:

2013-12-31 - Version 1.07:
    + Distant suns and planets are now drawn from very a small size and scale smoothly as you approach/zoom in to them.
    This solves the 'pop up' issue and their replacement point-sprite is only drawn once they reach a distance where
    a dot needs to be drawn, so that they don't entirely disappear from screen/planetary map.
    + Reintroduced the unique engine flares of Imperial Courier and Traders that were used in Frontier but had not been
    ported to FFE correctly. (They exist in the data but the imperial engine pod didn't reference them!)
    FFE purists can disable this enhancement via the config file, by setting frontierImperialEngines=0 if they wish!
    + Centering the Sector view now resets the hyperspace range, and updates the system data screens and target
    system's planetary view to show the current system. (This was broken in all versions of FFE)
    + Removed the black lines that appeared above the video during playback, and above or to the side of the rotating
    ship in the equipment views or shipyard.
    + Sector map stars, distant objects and light sprites scale correctly.
    + Dual coloured lights on space station and base towers display properly.
    + New shipdata patch to correct the rear view of the Thargon warhip which was part-obscured by the lower hull.
    + Config file options to export shipdata values for FFE/Aniso.
    + Cones were still being drawn when there was a replacement model for the imperial courier engine.
    + Target icons were offset as shouldn't have been affected by main game font size setting.
    + Bug fix: The CheatMode FFE hack to suppress generation of radioactives wasn't incrementing available cargo space!
    + New config options to define custom textures for inhabitable planet terrains and for individual suns.
    Set useCustomTextures=1 to enable, along with the filename holding the texture configuration.
    + New Command line option to specify an alternative config file to use: -config filename.cfg
    + Added support for the alternate Frontier BBS face videos created by Commander Frantic.
    set AlternativeFrontierVideos=1 to use, Only the first frame is drawn and then left on screen.
    It is best to set transparentCommVideos=0 when using them, but I have left this switchable in-case anyone wants
    to improve them in the future with solid black areas. (Top-left pixel defines the transparency colour)
    - Removed RedBase, GreenBase and BlueBase .cfg settings. They only related to JJFFE and serve no purpose now.

Happy New Year all! Хы...

[Edit:]
I've updated the core textures to include the same images for lights/sector map points as I use because they vary between installs. This will ensure the desired effect for all players.
I've also included my up-scaled and darkened cabin textures for anyone who wishes to use them (drawCabin=2 in config file)

FFED3DAJ_v1.07_CoreTextures.zip
 Описание:
Core textures for v1.07+
Corrects lights/sector point textures an includes edited cabin backgrounds
 Имя файла:  FFED3DAJ_v1.07_CoreTextures.zip
 Размер файла:  37.27 MB
 Скачано:  534 раз(а)
FFED3DAJ_v1.07.zip
 Описание:
FFED3DAJ v1.07
 Имя файла:  FFED3DAJ_v1.07.zip
 Размер файла:  2.36 MB
 Скачано:  603 раз(а)

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (00:46 02-01-2014), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 19:57 31-12-2013   
HeadHunter
 2835 EGP

Рейтинг канала: 6(346)
Машем и улыбаемся! Thank you!.. Улыбка
AndyJ :
Happy New Year all!

..And you too! С новым годом!
Мы родились..
    Добавлено: 20:01 31-12-2013   
Jahell
 301 EGP

Рейтинг канала: 7(553)
Всех пилотов с наступающим Новым Годом! Ура! )))
Happy New Year all! Hooray! Хы...
    Добавлено: 20:36 31-12-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

I've updated the core textures and attached them to the v1.07 post above. Some players had issues in the sector map when using graphics from other installations.
    Добавлено: 00:48 02-01-2014   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Ah, seems that I missed a late setting from the release .cfg file...

Try adding this into the config file after the planet cut-off setting:

cutOffDistance_SmallPlanet=28

This will stop small planets like Mercury from popping into view!

If frame rates suffer, decrease the value down towards the default of 25.

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (03:05 07-01-2014), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 03:04 07-01-2014   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
AndyJ :
here is v1.07:

Excelent work! Улыбка

Cкрытый текст   (кликните здесь для просмотра)

Добавлено: 18:02 09-01-2014   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

A new build, v1.08 is now available!

Lots of enhancements:

2014-03-06 - Version 1.08a:
Correction to the planet shader file for ATI cards which caused planets and large asteroids to render black.

2014-03-04 - Version 1.08:
+ When within an atmosphere, distant suns, moons and planets are now depth-sorted and drawn to ensure that they
don't appear to be in front of the planet surface. They are drawn within the sky to make them visible but are
masked by clouds. Hiding the sun behind clouds might not be to everyone's taste, so by default suns are drawn late
as in previous builds. This can be controlled now by the setting "DrawSunsInSkyLate" and assigning the value of 0
will cause accurate rather than artistic rendering, and means that a sun in the sky can be eclipsed by planets.
+ Extended the textures configuration files to include the planets/asteroids that use a single skin texture.
Individual terrain textures can now be defined for these planets in the same way as for living planets.
The textures.cfg is now enabled by default in the ffed3daj.cfg file.
+ Exposed the colour calculation in the textures config file so that individual terrains/skins can be tweaked, as
well as a final 'lighten' value for the shader to apply. Option to use noise shader or not per terrain type.
+ Ship lights are now sized appropriately.
+ FFE Videos can now be replaced with a folder containing Image alternatives. PNG files will automatically use
their transparency as will DDS. TGA/BMP have no transparency.
+ FFE Bug fix: "Pay berthing charge by midnight or suffer the consequences." message will now display at the start
of a day when player has insufficient funds. Previously it incorrectly displayed the "Pay landing charge" message.
+ Correction to log file write; .X model load routine changes active directory so log has to be opened with full
path and filename each time.
+ Application will prevent multiple instances from running at the same time.
+ New patch in config file to force tidally-locked planets to rotate. It is disabled by default, set the value
ForcePlanetRotation=1 to enable it. Once enabled, it will apply to all habitable planets & larger gas giants, as
well as rocky planets and asterodial bodies that directly orbit a sun.
+ Corrected FFED3D's colouring of gas giants. The index into the colour table would exceed the number of colours
for the bottom half and all planets would render with a red/black striped lower half.
+ Corrected FFED3D's colouring of coastal terrain and water tiles where the land/sea would bleed into the adjacent
area. There are now clean borders between land and sea. Some terrain tiles next to the sea also shared the texture
used for highPlains. These will now be remapped to use the beach texture.
+ Original/Replacement cabin textures are now loaded on demand from FFE to reduce memory usage using drawCabin=2.
Users can still precache all images however with drawCabin=3.
+ All Thargoid ships will now use Cabin5.
+ Fixed saving of PNG full-screen shots where objects had alpha-levels in their textures.
+ Added options to configure path to save screen shots within, a scale % that can reduce their size as well as the
format to save them in: 0=BMP, 1=JPG, 2=TGA, 3=PNG. JPG is now the default format.
+ FPS info screen (F) includes the model number of current targets as this is helpful for texturing planets.
+ System planetary/trade/politics information views no longer display elements of the Sector grid view.
+ Upgraded BASS "MP3-Free" DLL used to play samples/music to its current version 2.4.10.

FFE Videos fixes:
+ Independent systems erroneously included Alliance 'Welcome' videos g9 & g10.
+ Non-Alliance systems no longer have a chance of deciding to displaying a standard Alliance 'Welcome' video!
+ Religious Dictatorship and Martial Law systems now display their unique 'Welcome' messages (r1-4, m1-4).
+ Low tech Independent system welcome messages now include video fr1.avi which was in the wrong table.
+ Added distinct Alliance scenario for docking with damaged ship, hull condition <75% (g9 & g10).
+ Added distinct Alliance scenario that player is unwelcome as a criminal (g11).

Rewrite of FFED3D's support for custom music.
+ Custom music folder can be specified in ffed3daj.cfg
+ Settings to configure custom music can be specified within the custom_music.cfg found within that folder.
This enables music mod writers to configure and deploy their mod within a unique folder. The user then only
has to change the ffed3daj.cfg to point to appropriate folder.
+ Docking and Combat event musics are now played in both the canon JJFFE and Anistropic builds. (FFED3D bug)
+ Extended the set of folders to support promotion/medal events separately for Federation and Imperial navies.
+ Extended the set of folders to support separate station, landing pad, underground and Thargoid soundtracks.
+ Available song names are cached at start up, not each time a track begins.
+ Added support for playlists (.PLS) so that mp3/audio files can be located on other physical drives.
+ Option for station/space playlists to select random tracks or play sequentially.
+ Implemented media key support: Play/Stop will enable or disable FFE's music option and start/stop music playing.
Forward/Previous will navigate the active playlist when sequential play is enabled for it, otherwise another
song will be selected at random.

FFE Music track tweaks:
+ Disabling 'Blue Danube' in the song options will now only prevent it from being randomly selected during the
game. It will be played during docking according to whether the 'Docking Music' option is enabled or not.
If one or more mp3 tracks or a PLS are present in the custom music folder \docking then these tracks will be
randomly chosen from.
+ Disabling 'Ride of the Valkyries' in the song options will also only prevent that song from being randomly
selected during the game. It will be played during combat according to whether the 'Music during Combat' option
is enabled or not. If one or more mp3 tracks or a PLS are present in the custom music folder \combat these
tracks will be randomly chosen from.
+ Disabling 'Halls of the Mountain King' and 'The Great Gates of Kiev' will remove them from the random music
choices but they will still be played for promotions and medal awards if Music is enabled, and if no custom
music has been defined instead.
+ Disabling the Intro music will also remove it from the continuous music choice, but it will play for the intro
if music is enabled.
+ Docking music is triggered again by the 'Clearance already granted' message if it's not already playing.
+ Docking music will repeat during continuous music, whilst the player is still flying under autopilot to the
station/port that has granted docking clearance or when entering station bays/lifts. Docking music will also
restart after loading a saved game which meets these criteria.

Enjoy!

FFED3DAJ_v1.08a.zip
 Описание:
FFED3DAJ v1.08a (ATI correction)
 Имя файла:  FFED3DAJ_v1.08a.zip
 Размер файла:  2.49 MB
 Скачано:  418 раз(а)
FFED3DAJ_v1.08_CoreTextures.zip
 Описание:
FFED3DAJ v1.08 Core textures update
 Имя файла:  FFED3DAJ_v1.08_CoreTextures.zip
 Размер файла:  41.42 MB
 Скачано:  510 раз(а)

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (02:59 07-03-2014), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 21:43 04-03-2014   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

There is possibly a shader issue on ATi cards, with planets rendering completely black. NVidia cards are OK I think.

I'm waiting for a response over on the Frontier forum to a suggested fix. But if anyone else has an ATi card and has the same problem, could you let me know if the following change fixes it?

Open up Models\planet.fx in notepad, Scroll down to the bottom.
Edit all of the lines that have vs_2_0 V_Land(); or ps_2_0 P_Land_Basic(); and change the 2 to a 3.

so: vs_2_0 V_Land(); -> vs_3_0 V_Land();
and ps_3_0 P_Land_Basic(); -> ps_3_0 P_Land_Basic();

Save that and reload FFED3DAJ to see if it then works?

As soon as I get confirmation that this is the cause and the change fixes the issue, I'll post a quick v1.08a patch.

[EDIT]
The correction has been confirmed to fix the fault and I've updated the patch .zip file to v1.08a. If you have already downloaded v1.08 and do not have an ATI card, you can ignore this update.

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (03:02 07-03-2014), всего редактировалось 3 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 15:48 05-03-2014   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Here is a quick update to v1.09, primarily to fix the historic FFED3D bug that supergiant stars weren't being drawn in the system information screens. e.g. Hadar (-6,-40) and Antares (-39,-34).

By the way, if anyone tried to use playlists in the previous build, I forgot to mention that the playlist file in each custom music folder should be named "playlist.pls" - sorry about that, this important detail is included in the readme now!

v1.09 Changes:

2014-03-23 - Version 1.09:
+ Large sun graphics (tex38 & tex39) are now drawn in the system information screens.
+ FFE Music tweak: Repeat battle music for the duration of combat and also starts it after loading a saved game where engaged in a battle situation.
+ New setting in custom music configuration file to either immediately cease battle music at the end of combat or to play until the end of the current track.
+ Settings added in both ffed3daj.cfg (GAME_SETTINGS) and the custom music .cfg file to enable/disable the FFE music tweak that repeats combat/docking music depending upon players preference.

Note! Investigating this on next page:
HeadHunter :
Oops, sorry. I can't download the file. Avast antivirus reports - "win32 evo-gen [susp]".

This appears to be a false/positive as a rebuild of the .exe files doesn't trigger the warning. I've attached v1.09b on the next page with these updated .exe files.

FFED3DAJ_v1.09.zip
 Описание:
FFED3DAJ v1.09
 Имя файла:  FFED3DAJ_v1.09.zip
 Размер файла:  2.5 MB
 Скачано:  414 раз(а)

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (04:59 24-03-2014), всего редактировалось 3 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 19:38 23-03-2014   
Канал Elite -> Канал проекта Elite 3 под Direct 3D: «FFE D3D: AndyJ version (22.10.2014)»
На страницу: Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  След.    Перейти:   Все страницы

Показать: 
Предыдущая тема | Следующая тема |
К списку каналов | Наверх страницы
Цитата не в тему: Доброта модераторов - явление чисто сюрреалистическое. (Radick2)

» FFE D3D: AndyJ version (22.10.2014) | страница 5
Каналы: Новости | Elite | Elite: Dangerous | Freelancer | Star Citizen | X-Tension/X-BTF | X2: The Threat | X3: Reunion | X3: Terran Conflict | X Rebirth | X4: Foundations | EVE Online | Orbiter | Kerbal Space Program | Evochron | VoidExpanse | Космические Миры | Онлайновые игры | Другие игры | Цифровая дистрибуция | play.elite-games.ru | ЗВ 2: Гражданская война | Творчество | Железо | Игра Мечты | Сайт
   Дизайн Elite Games V5 beta.18