Elite Games - Свобода среди звезд!
ВНИМАНИЕ!
Наша конференция посвящена космической тематике и компьютерным играм.
Политические вопросы и происходящие в мире события в данный момент на нашем сайте не обсуждаются!

» FFE D3D: AndyJ version (22.10.2014) | страница 2
Конференция предназначена для общения пилотов. Для удобства она разделена на каналы, каждый из которых посвящен определенной игре. Пожалуйста, открывайте темы только в соответствующих каналах и после того, как убедитесь, что данный вопрос не обсуждался ранее.

Поиск | Правила конференции | Фотоальбом | Регистрация | Список пилотов | Профиль | Войти и проверить личные сообщения | Вход

Страница 2 из 13
На страницу: Пред.  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  След.    Перейти:   Все страницы
Поиск в этой теме:
Канал Elite » Канал проекта Elite 3 под Direct 3D: «FFE D3D: AndyJ version (22.10.2014)»
auristel
 52 EGP

Is there any way I can link the shipdata.txt to be loaded by FFED3DAJ_Anisotropic? So far any changes I make seem to have no effect on the game itself. I've even set up the flag in the patches_aniso section of ffed3daj.cfg to "PatchShipData=1" but to no avail. Tried changing data in all shipdata.cfg's - nothing works.

I can easily modify ships in the original FFED3DAJ - but I really want to play anisotropic mod. Could it be that you've somehow hardcoded the wrong data in the Aniso executable file? If so, I guess I have no choice but to wait for your patch...
    Добавлено: 00:37 11-08-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Рейтинг канала: 6(352)

sorry but the shipdata.txt was only compiled into the FFED3DAJ.exe as part of adding support for Nic's mod for v1.00. (Nic's mod tried to add some of the anisotropic features to the core game)
There's a separate shipdata_aniso.txt in v1.01 to correct the issues with anisotropic mod.

I don't know the anisotropic mod to be honest, only that the later google-code sources for FFED3D >r16 had started to use it. My main focus is really on updating the 'original' FFE game, but rather than just throw the anisotropic mod away, I decided to keep it as a 2nd .exe file.

I believe that the correct files are being linked into FFED3DAJ_anisotropic because the ship/missile names are altered. (e.g. Heavy Torpedo). So I'm unsure why the ship masses/capacities were wrong.
I did do a quick code 'diff' of the ffed3d vs aniso jjffe code and it looked the same. Anyway, adding support for shipdata_aniso.txt seems to solve the problem in v1.01 and allows for customisation of the mod too.
    Добавлено: 03:09 11-08-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Hi HeadHunter - I have sent you an email Подмигиваю

I have finally drawn a line under v1.01 and the changes stand as follows:
 Cкрытый текст   (кликните здесь для просмотра)
2013-08-11 - Version 1.01:
•New options to enable Multi-Sample Anti-Aliasing to smooth model & line edges.
•Enabled support for global model shaders. This was disabled in the first release because it gave everything
a dark and metalic appearance, so individual models required their own shader effect.fx file.
•There is now a ships.fx, asteroids.fx and models.fx within the Models folder to provide a generic shader for
ships, asteroids and everything else. Individual model shaders will be used where they are available
to permit customisation.
•Added multiple skins support for objects. Each can have up to 10 different skins and in the case of Police Vipers,
they have their own dedicated skin. Implementation is via new shader variables/
•Improved the atmosphere shader so that the sky and clouds obscure the stars during the daytime and then fade
to reveal them at night, with just a faint cloud layer visible in the night sky.
•Reworked part of the rendering code so that when inside an atmosphere, the sky is now drawn before the sun,
which in turn is drawn before the planet - so the sun can now be seen in the sky of a living planet.
•In case your PC is unable to load the high-resolution cloud textures, or to save memory, there is a new setting in
.cfg file- hiresCloudTextures=1. Set this to 0 to use lower resolution images.
•The current sun colour was being applied when drawing your ship in the Equipment view and when viewing other
ships in the ship yard. They are now correctly lit with a white light as per original FFE.
•The "1st Encounter" Quest ship now displays throughout the intro sequence.
•Chasing Quest ship at end of intro sequence is swapped to be the expected police Viper when using models.
•Extended the option to hide text on loaded models so that it can apply to bases and stations too.
•Anisotropic version now reads shipdata_aniso.txt to load the ship configuration values.
•Correction: re-enabled specular lighting so that objects will reflect light. This was accidentally left disabled in the
2013-04-02 release.
•Correction: Replaced lua.dll because it required Visual C++ 2005 runtimes to be installed.
•Added patches to allow the number of credits to be altered for each start point. Feedback was that the Anisotropic
mod is particularly harsh - so if you want to cheat and play as a millionaire, now you can!
•Ships now display their radar dishes and antenna. Added temporary model 197 for the Naval ECM antenna which is
just a copy of 196 with a different texture. The new Panther Clipper and Lynx engine models are now used as well.
(problematic equipment submodels can be hidden)
•Additional fixes for characters in names, e.g. du Prés's Wreck at Lawacan, Köhl's Hole at Zeiocan etc.
•The final line of each of the initial journal stories can now be scrolled up into view and read.
•Console warning lights now illuminate when under attack, undercarriage is lowered or auto-pilot is active.
•Updated the "Hints" messages in the start-up script to be in-keeping with the game.
•The Eagle Mk2 and Mk3 now use their separate models correctly and won't draw the long range variant over the top
as well! Models 24 & 25 in FFE inherited the base Eagle from model 23. The change supresses drawing of model 23
but retains missiles, ECM and thruster pines. (Primitive models of the ships render as before)
•Model 271 (spaceport) and model 302 (hangers) can now have their name labels hidden by specifying notdrawtext=1
under the [MODEL] section of their tris.ini file. This can be used to finally hide the "Old Blackelk" text on the replacement
spaceport model.
•Cargo containers on Lifters (model 153) now have a color/skin value passed to it so that it can change its appearance
using a shader effect.fx file. (Example provided of programmatic color changing of default skin)
•Fix for Nic mod "NoMassMissiles=1" hack: ship doesn't gain 1t cargo space when launching a missile now!
•New option in .cfg file "modelPreLoad". This defines whether to pre-load models during start-up sequence.
• 0=no pre-loading, 1=intro models, 2=intro & default start position models.
•Application is now responsive during start-up. It can be moved/closed, and doesn't show "not responding" in the title bar.
Resources are loaded by separate worker-threads.
•Proximity mines don't display the missile object as well now.
•Added texture1-5 tga/png for models which shaders can use for bump maps etc
•Sub-models will also hide text as well now if specified in tris.ini, e.g. Aggy's wind turbines.
•Mouse pointer doesn't jump to top left corner now when right-clicking in full-screen mode.
•Shutting down will now wait for the model manager thread to terminate first!
•Only supported Textures present in the range above tex600 will be loaded to safeguard memory.
•New checks for out-of-memory when trying to load a model and its textures. Stale objects will be dropped immediately and
a re-load of the model attempted.
•Found and fixed a memory leak when passing colors over to the planet shader. (dates back to r8 of the original ffed3d source)
•Rewritten model cache management thread. This will now limit the number of models loaded into memory to avoid running
out of resources. Settings are available in FFED3DAJ.cfg to customise ...
    Добавлено: 05:06 13-08-2013   
HeadHunter
 2835 EGP

Рейтинг канала: 6(346)
AndyJ :
I have sent you an email

OK! - thank you! Улыбка

AndyJ :
The release is split into 3 zip files:
1) FFED3DAJ_v1.01.zip (2.34 MB)
2) FFED3DAJ_v1.01_CoreTextures.zip (31.2 MB)
3) FFED3DAJ_v1.01_ExampleSkins.zip (15.1 MB)

Zip 1) contains the .exe's, cfg and shader files.
Zip 2) contains the core texture files that FFED3DAJ v1.01+ requires.

Those two zip files are required to play v1.01.

Zip 3) is an optional but recommended download. It contains some examples of shaders to set colours and also the multiple skins images and settings for models such as the Vipers.

I've split the files up this way so that in future I can just update the 2MB patch whenever required, rather than forcing users to download a single 48MB package.

FFED3DAJ_v1.01_ExampleSkins.zip
 Описание:
FFED3DAJ_v1.01_ExampleSkins \ 2013-08-13
 Имя файла:  FFED3DAJ_v1.01_ExampleSkins.zip
 Размер файла:  15.19 MB
 Скачано:  1482 раз(а)

Последний раз редактировалось: HeadHunter (17:51 05-05-2014), всего редактировалось 3 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 10:11 13-08-2013   
auristel
 52 EGP

I've already mentioned it to AndyJ, but there's a bug in Aniso version. Don't go to the Sol system or your ship will get reshuffled. I mean on some day changes there is a possibility that your ship/cargo/equipment/position in the system will get totally mish-mashed and you will be unable to control your ship.

If you want to know what I'm talking about fly a ship to Sol and wait a couple of days.

Once again, this only occurs in Anisotropic mod.
    Добавлено: 16:22 13-08-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Thanks for the report auristel and also for the information of how to reproduce this. It looks like some AI/Ship generation code was replaced compared to the standard Anisotropic mod. (good job that the original 0.9c source is still hosted here and I have something to compare against!)

I'm starting to work through identifying the changes and will try and post a v1.01a patch zip soon to fix this for you.

And as you have said - the standard FFE version is not affected by this.
    Добавлено: 23:55 13-08-2013   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
Рейтинг канала: 5(125)
Anizotropic mod bug report: unlimited cargo containers! Then scooping cargo containers from destroied ship it always fill cargo bay to full load nevertheless how many cargo amounts was displayed at container. For exsample scoope 1t of M.Fuel and your will have full cargo bay loaded by it. Улыбка

P.S.
In my opinion it will be more realistic if cargo from destroied ships hase the same behavior as in original game: 1 container = 1t of cargo.
    Добавлено: 13:29 14-08-2013   
auristel
 52 EGP

Helga, this is not a bug, it's a (more or less) a tweak. Imagine if you destroy a ship carrying 100 tons of Animal Meat. Now do you go about scooping 100 containers? Nope. You scoop one and tada, you've got 100 tons of meat in your hold.

The reason it fills your cargo space to the brim is because you have less space than there is cargo in the container.

Scan incoming ships with Radar Mapper first to know how much they carry or turn on the labels.

Cheers Улыбка

EDIT: Forgot to add: AndyJ is not responsible for Anisotropic mod, he merely adopted it to his edition of FFED3D and added as a bonus for people to enjoy.

Последний раз редактировалось: auristel (15:53 14-08-2013), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 15:51 14-08-2013   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
auristel :
Helga, this is not a bug, it's a (more or less) a tweak

I new this Anisotropic tweak, IMHO it did the game simple, but it's discussable. But in current build is a bug. You destroy ship carring 20t of Military Fuel (for exsample). And you see the container curring 20t M.F. and have 50t of free space in your cargo bay. But when you scoop this container (20t m.f.) then your have 50t of military fuel in your cargo bay and the container with 20t m.f. continiusly drifting in space. Подозрение. What I am say about.

I was attacked by Targhoid, but they don't fier.

Somtimes then docked the Space Station the time axseleration don't work. Подозрение.
    Добавлено: 17:05 14-08-2013   
auristel
 52 EGP

Oh really? Haven't noticed that, sorry. Maybe because I'm usually flying small fighters and I rarely have more than 10-15 tons of free space in my cargo hold.
    Добавлено: 03:06 15-08-2013   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
Helga :
Somtimes then docked the Space Station the time axseleration don't work.

Not only then docket - somtimes time axseleration in Anisotropic mode loked in space after battle, save/load or restart the game don't resume the broblem. Deep in space at 5-6 A.U. far from nearest starport without opportunity to axselerate time... It's too bad! Улыбка

добавлено спустя 9 минут:
I found a solution: save, load in original game - in original time axseleration work - axselerate time and fly until be attacked, then save, load in Aniso, have buttle and problem resumed. Улыбка I think it's somhow connected with Aniso tweak that in combat time axseleration don't work.

Последний раз редактировалось: Helga (13:39 15-08-2013), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 13:39 15-08-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Hi Helga & auristel!

As promised, I've been working through these problems and it looks like they're caused by further modifications that were made to the Anisotropic mod after it first integrated into the FFED3D code. It seems there were attempts to try and enhance AI behaviour, and to balance the equipment/weapons load-outs on AI ships. Unfortunately, this must have been corrupting pointers to ships, and cargo values were also going into 'overflow' (e.g. small attack ships carrying 65300+ tonnes of fuel!)

So, I decided it was best to rip out that altered version of code from my build and start over - adding back the initial mod code that was in an early FFED3D r17. I've then compared this using a code-Diff tool against the original Anisotropic 0.9c mod, and apart from changes that seem to be required for integrating into FFED3D, it now matches up with the original mod.

I've been testing a build of this for a little while today, and it does seem to have fixed the various problems. Улыбка

(ship data is also correct without shipdata_aniso.txt)

I still want to do a bit more testing, but if all is well then I'll issue a v1.02 patch .Zip.

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (03:31 16-08-2013), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 03:27 16-08-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Here is the FFED3DAJ v1.02 patch.

It primarily fixes the Anisotropic mod so that it is now playable, and it is a replacement for the FFED3DAJ_v1.01.zip archive.

If installing this for the first time:
Please be sure to add FFED3D_v1.01_CoreTextures.zip as well - this is required.
You may also add FFED3D_v1.01_ExampleSkins.zip for examples of multiple textures & colours on spaceships, cargo containers etc.

If you have already installed those files for v1.01 then you do not need to download them again.

FFED3DAJ_v1.02.zip
 Описание:
FFED3D v1.02 patch files.
 Имя файла:  FFED3DAJ_v1.02.zip
 Размер файла:  2.66 MB
 Скачано:  784 раз(а)

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (00:55 17-08-2013), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 00:26 17-08-2013   
auristel
 52 EGP

I confirm it solves some issues with Aniso.

About time acceleration in battles: Stardreamer is disabled while in combat. Sometimes, when, for example you fire a missile at the enemy they try to evade/escape the missile and leave the battle area, but, unfortunately, the game has no way of telling the combat has ended other than by either you or them being blown to bits. Hence, we have a situation in which your enemy is fleeing from the missile a hundred+ kilometres away but you are still in battle mode and can't activate the Stardreamer.

Solution: Find the fleeing ship on your screen (or use Missile Viewer) and either chase him or destroy him via BUFFET (sorry, I know it's cheating). Been unable to recreate the issue after your fix, so I don't know whether it's fixed or not.

I'll keep you informed of anything new, thanks for the update Andy Улыбка
    Добавлено: 22:42 18-08-2013   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
It seems that all bugs described abowe was fixed in 1.02. But I found a new one: game crash on assasin missions when attacing victime ship. It's known Aniso-mod bug fixed in 0.9c build.

P.S.
And somtimes you can meet this... Улыбка
 Cкрытый текст   (кликните здесь для просмотра)

Последний раз редактировалось: Helga (15:52 19-08-2013), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 15:49 19-08-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Helga, I only have the Aniso 0.9c code to compare to. I think that it is the same now - perhaps it wasn't really fixed? if you can send me a save maybe I can look, but fixing anisotropic is probably beyond me!
    Добавлено: 02:52 20-08-2013   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
AndyJ, I don't have Aniso 0.9c code, only executable from here and in it this bug fixed. It's not critical because can be evade through 0.9c build or through original game. But if you fix it it will be very wonderful. Улыбка The game crushed then attacking non-hostile ship, I think somthing is wrong then AI of peaceful ship turns into hostile (defensive) mode.

Attack.zip
 Описание:
 Имя файла:  Attack.zip
 Размер файла:  40.33 KB
 Скачано:  691 раз(а)

Последний раз редактировалось: Helga (09:59 20-08-2013), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 09:55 20-08-2013   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
I also noticed that game (both original and aniso) hanged up for somtime very actively using an HDD then loaded some models such as Osprey-X and Eagle fighters. But this is may be probably problem of models not a game.
    Добавлено: 12:45 20-08-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Hi Helga. Thank you for the saved game, that really helps.
I've had a good look today, running the game under the debugger, and it's not good news I'm sorry... It's crashing in the .asm assembler code Рыдания.

There's not going to be a quick fix for that I'm sorry.
And unfortunately I haven't time to look at it further until later next week because I'm due to be away for a few days of fun at a music festival!

Probably I will have to start by compiling the anisotropic mod from its original source code, then running that in the debugger to make sure it isn't an error that is going unnoticed in the aniffe9c.exe.
If that doesn't have the problem, then I will have to work through and try to understand every change that was made when it was added into FFED3D ... and that isn't going to be easy... it is 20 years since I really did any assembler programming! Совсем запутался...

Sorry that the news isn't ... wonderful
I know that you have waited a long time to play aniso in FFED3D, so I feel a little bad that there are problems with it...

You were quite right - it does appear to crash during the functions that change the status of the AI ship. I'm hoping that it's just assassination missions that are affected?
I also note that your assassination target is for a military mission, which I think is a feature of the anisotropic mod? That may have a part to play in the problem.

The models that you have noticed slowing the game down are possibly those that have multiple skin textures. Could this be the cause?
How much memory does your PC/Laptop have and what CPU?
If the variation in ship textures doesn't matter to you, then you might try turning off that new feature by editing ffed3daj.cfg in notepad and setting the value multipleObjectSkins=0

добавлено спустя 31 минуту:
That Viper is a scary ship. 991 shields in 82 tonnes. hmmmm.... Were you using a saved game from v1.01 perhaps?

Regarding combat and the stardreamer - the anisotropic mod does appear to be checking to see if time acceleration should be allowed:-
If any missiles are in flight or if an enemy is within a certain distance then it will block time acceleration.

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (03:20 21-08-2013), всего редактировалось 3 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 03:20 21-08-2013   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
AndyJ :
I know that you have waited a long time to play aniso in FFED3D, so I feel a little bad that there are problems with it...

Don't feel bad, that problem is not critical because can be evade. The game are quite playble in 1.02. Thank's for take attention on it and for great work that you are doing. Улыбка

AndyJ :
I'm hoping that it's just assassination missions that are affected?

As I can remember, in 0.9b it's affected not only assassination missions but attacking any non-hostile ship but I don't chek it in FFED3D_aniso. I'll chek it.

AndyJ :
I also note that your assassination target is for a military mission, which I think is a feature of the anisotropic mod?

No, military assassian missions not the feature of the aniso mod, original game also have such ones. And game crushed not only at military assassions but at civil too.

AndyJ :
Could this be the cause?

I thinck not, because I don't hase problem with Viper than have multiple skin textures and have truble with Osprey and Osprey X that don't have one. But I'll try set multipleObjectSkins=0 and report dose it effect or not, thanks!

AndyJ :
How much memory does your PC/Laptop have and what CPU?

2048M, Intel Pentium D925 3.00GHz, Windows XP Pro + SP3.

AndyJ :
That Viper is a scary ship. 991 shields in 82 tonnes. hmmmm.... Were you using a saved game from v1.01 perhaps?

No, it's v1.02 save and I have meet such Viper twice. And ones I have meet Viper without weapons and equipment at all. But usually ships in v.1.02 equiped correctly as opposed to v.1.01.

AndyJ :
the anisotropic mod does appear to be checking to see if time acceleration should be allowed:-
If any missiles are in flight or if an enemy is within a certain distance then it will block time acceleration.

Yes, I know this, but in 1.01 somtimes time acceleration don't unlocked after destroying all enemy ships and rockets. In 1.02 it seems fixed. Улыбка

P.S.
Sorry, my english is to bad. Расстроен
    Добавлено: 10:03 21-08-2013   
Канал Elite -> Канал проекта Elite 3 под Direct 3D: «FFE D3D: AndyJ version (22.10.2014)»
На страницу: Пред.  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  След.    Перейти:   Все страницы

Показать: 
Предыдущая тема | Следующая тема |
К списку каналов | Наверх страницы
Цитата не в тему: Ой! Какая Стрекоза прикольная ракета, оказывается... (открыл Kane)

» FFE D3D: AndyJ version (22.10.2014) | страница 2
Каналы: Новости | Elite | Elite: Dangerous | Freelancer | Star Citizen | X-Tension/X-BTF | X2: The Threat | X3: Reunion | X3: Terran Conflict | X Rebirth | X4: Foundations | EVE Online | Orbiter | Kerbal Space Program | Evochron | VoidExpanse | Космические Миры | Онлайновые игры | Другие игры | Цифровая дистрибуция | play.elite-games.ru | ЗВ 2: Гражданская война | Творчество | Железо | Игра Мечты | Сайт
   Дизайн Elite Games V5 beta.18