Elite Games - Свобода среди звезд!
ВНИМАНИЕ!
Наша конференция посвящена космической тематике и компьютерным играм.
Политические вопросы и происходящие в мире события в данный момент на нашем сайте не обсуждаются!

» FFE D3D: AndyJ version (22.10.2014) | страница 7
Конференция предназначена для общения пилотов. Для удобства она разделена на каналы, каждый из которых посвящен определенной игре. Пожалуйста, открывайте темы только в соответствующих каналах и после того, как убедитесь, что данный вопрос не обсуждался ранее.

Поиск | Правила конференции | Фотоальбом | Регистрация | Список пилотов | Профиль | Войти и проверить личные сообщения | Вход

Страница 7 из 13
На страницу: Пред.  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  След.    Перейти:   Все страницы
Поиск в этой теме:
Канал Elite » Канал проекта Elite 3 под Direct 3D: «FFE D3D: AndyJ version (22.10.2014)»
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Рейтинг канала: 6(352)

I've sent a PM HeadHunter, I've run into problems uploading it all! Гы-гы
    Добавлено: 12:32 21-10-2014   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Thanks to HeadHunter and the administrator for their help in sorting this out! Here are copies of nanite2000's texture packs, hosted locally at Elite-Games.Ru Хы...

Recommended Texture Add-on packs for FFED3DAJ v1.10

To get the best visuals from the latest build, I recommend that you add the following texture packs by nanite2000 which have been created specifically for the v1.10 FFED3DAJ build.

Note:
The high-resolution images (textures_hi) require a lot of extra memory! Users with 4GB or lower and 32bit Windows will be best to try using either the medium detail (textures_med) or low detail (textures_low) images that are in the planet/metal surfaces zip files.

There is an album of images for each of nanite2000's texture packs here for a preview of how they appear in the game.

Enjoy! Хы...

nanite2000_Planet_Surfaces_v1.8 - part1.zip
 Описание:
(Part 1 of 2)
Enhanced high-resolution textures for all planets in AndyJ's mod of FFED3D (FFED3DAJ). This pack brings more variety to FFED3DAJ by applying different texture types to different living and non-living planets. Installation instructions in zip
 Имя файла:  nanite2000_Planet_Surfaces_v1.8 - part1.zip
 Размер файла:  48.81 MB
 Скачано:  1341 раз(а)
nanite2000_Planet_Surfaces_v1.8 - part2.zip
 Описание:
(Part 2 of 2)
Enhanced high-resolution textures for all planets in AndyJ's mod of FFED3D (FFED3DAJ). This pack brings more variety to FFED3DAJ by applying different texture types to different living and non-living planets. Installation instructions in zip
 Имя файла:  nanite2000_Planet_Surfaces_v1.8 - part2.zip
 Размер файла:  82.19 MB
 Скачано:  1282 раз(а)
nanite2000_Metal_Textures_v1.3.zip
 Описание:
A collection of high resolution textures for man made objects (Buildings, Spaceships, Space Stations) in FFED3D. These textures provide more detail and more variety than is provided in the default FFED3D install.

Full installation instructions in ZIP
 Имя файла:  nanite2000_Metal_Textures_v1.3.zip
 Размер файла:  37.07 MB
 Скачано:  1183 раз(а)
nanite2000_Planet_Icons_v1.1.zip
 Описание:
Enhanced stars and planets icons used in the system map.
Full installation instructions are provided in the ZIP file.
 Имя файла:  nanite2000_Planet_Icons_v1.1.zip
 Размер файла:  6.01 MB
 Скачано:  1173 раз(а)
nanite2000_Cockpit_Graphics_v1.0.zip
 Описание:
An assortment of enhanced graphics for the cockpit (Buttons, Crosshairs, Backgrounds).
Full installation instructions are provided in the ZIP file.
 Имя файла:  nanite2000_Cockpit_Graphics_v1.0.zip
 Размер файла:  2.08 MB
 Скачано:  1208 раз(а)

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (07:35 24-10-2014), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 22:07 22-10-2014   
r154
 137 EGP

What about the old saves?
    Добавлено: 17:30 02-11-2014   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Hi r154

old saved games from FFE/JJFFE/GLFFE/FFED3D can be loaded into FFED3DAJ.exe. Saves from older versions of FFED3DAJ can still be loaded into v1.10a. they are all compatible with each other.

If you have old saved games from the "anisotropic mod", then load these with the FFED3DAJ_Anisotropic.exe instead.

Hope that helps. If you have any more questions, please ask!

Cheers!

AndyJ

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (01:54 03-11-2014), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 01:53 03-11-2014   
Raptorius
 51 EGP

Графически мод просто шикарен. Старая добрая Трёшка с ним стала выглядеть фантастически.
Однако изменения в балансе у меня вызвали некоторые затруднения. (Привычка начинать на Лейве на Кобре и далее по тексту) Первый же полёт на Листай на стартовой колымаге приводит к фатальным последствиям. Стабильная встреча с парой пиратов одновременно и... И это в корпоративном государстве.
Я понимаю, что это особенность мода, но всё же: можно ли как-то уменьшить сложность игры. Например, выкрутить обратно вероятность встречи с кораблями? Или уменьшить вероятность, что эти корабли будут пиратами?
Заранее благодарен.

This mod is great. Old favorite Elite 3 get a second life. Thank you.
However, I have a problem with the new balance of the game. I like to start the game in the Lave system with Cobra Mk3. My first trade route usually Leesti system - Daiso sys. But now, with my start ship (Cobra or Viper), i can't get even into Leesti. Two pirates constantly blow me. And this system has always been safe enough.
Can I change the probability of meeting with the ships back to the old value? As it was in the old Elite 3.
Or is it possible to reduce the probability that encountered ship will be a pirate?

Thanks for this great mod!

PS Sorry for my terrible English

Последний раз редактировалось: Raptorius (22:05 10-11-2014), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 21:33 10-11-2014   
HeadHunter
 2835 EGP

Рейтинг канала: 6(346)
Может кто-то знает и ответит, но на всякий случай - я не знаю, не разбирался в данном вопросе. В нашей старой D3D такой настройки не было, хотя действительно, космос стал агрессивней.
Сейчас над проектом работает AndyJ - ему как-то ближе английский язык. Так что если есть возможность сформулировать вопрос на английском - шансов на подходящий ответ будет больше. Но может так тоже что-нибудь поймет, не уверен.
У меня английский не на очень хорошем уровне.
Мы родились..
    Добавлено: 21:55 10-11-2014   
Raptorius
 51 EGP

HeadHunter :
Может кто-то знает и ответит, но на всякий случай - я не знаю, не разбирался в данном вопросе. В нашей старой D3D такой настройки не было, хотя действительно, космос стал агрессивней.

Это мягко сказано. Не профи пилотам даже соваться не стоит. Упрощённый режим тут явно не помешал бы. Подмигиваю
HeadHunter :
Сейчас над проектом работает AndyJ - ему как-то ближе английский язык. Так что если есть возможность сформулировать вопрос на английском - шансов на подходящий ответ будет больше. Но может так тоже что-нибудь поймет, не уверен.
У меня английский не на очень хорошем уровне.

А я как раз переводил. Специально для Автора. Хы... Ибо кому как ни Автору известны все тонкости мода.
    Добавлено: 22:29 10-11-2014   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Thank you Raptorius, I'm glad that you are enjoying FFE again Хы...

Your English translation was fine and much appreciated! I'm sorry that I cannot explain in your native language here Расстроен. I can understand most posts with Google translation though.

FFED3D/FFED3DAJ.exe both use JJFFE, John Jordan's Windows 95 reworking of FFE. I don't think that he increased the difficulty, but AI functions might run more frequently with higher FPS. Perhaps the pirates are better at aiming their lasers than in FFE.

FFE was always difficult at the start, until you got bigger ships with shields. Always save before hyperspacing into a new system. Pirates at Leesti is perhaps bad luck but it is a low-to-medium danger system and so not completely safe. If you saved the game after hyperspacing then you will keep meeting them.
Tip: Save. Hyperspace. Die? Load & Repeat!
Also, maximum Stardreamer makes it easier for pirates to intercept you.

If you do get really stuck, run BUFFET and lock your shields/hull at 100%!

I hope this helps & thank you for your kind comments!

AndyJ
    Добавлено: 03:11 11-11-2014   
Raptorius
 51 EGP

AndyJ :
Thank you Raptorius, I'm glad that you are enjoying FFE again Хы...

Nostalgia. Elite 1,2,3 are best games of the genre, in my opinion.
AndyJ :
If you do get really stuck, run BUFFET and lock your shields/hull at 100%!

It is not our method (C) Famous soviet comedy
I remembered the old maneuver of Elite 1. Flea jump on the dog's ass. Хы...
I fly not directly to the goal. I fly around the far side and arriving at the station from the rear. As in previous games, all opponents are waiting player only on the line between the station and jump point.
It's a bit longer, but much safer.
However, thake you, AndyJ, for your work and tips.

Последний раз редактировалось: Raptorius (19:20 11-11-2014), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 13:57 11-11-2014   
AnrDaemon
 857 EGP

Модератор
Рейтинг канала: 2(24)

-perdyduschih
+previous

добавлено спустя 5 минут:
Raptorius :
It is not our method

In case someone is not familiar...

Последний раз редактировалось: AnrDaemon (17:57 11-11-2014), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 17:57 11-11-2014   
r154
 137 EGP

2 AndyJ Thanks
Raptorius :
Однако изменения в балансе у меня вызвали некоторые затруднения
Ощущение, что shield-генераторы бесполезны. В порядке "смелого" эксперимента я навешивал их немеряно, но практически любой пират прошивал их мгновенно (никакие проценты не появлялись)
    Добавлено: 05:57 23-11-2014   
MadRush
 65 EGP

Шилды отлично работают, не надо вводить в заблуждение. Чем больше хардкора -- тем лучше, как раз заглянул на форум чтобы попросить сделать сложнее. Огромное спасибо Энди, надеюсь мод и дальше будет развиваться. Можно ли сделать автоотстрел спасательной капсулы при разрушении корабля, или (что ещё лучше) опционально сразу рестарт на ближайшей дружественной базе, тогда погружение в игру будет намного выше, можно играть без сейвов.

Shield work well, do not be fooled. The more hardcore - the better, just looked at the forum to ask for a more complex. Many thanks to Andy, I hope events will continue to evolve. Can I make automatic start rescue capsule in the destruction of the ship, or (better yet) an option to immediately restart the nearest friendly base, then dive into the game will be much higher, it is possible to play without saves.

добавлено спустя 14 минут:
Вопрос к Энди, можно ли сделать инструментарий для внедрения в игру перевода газет?

Question about Andy, can we make tools for the implementation of the game translation newspapers?

Последний раз редактировалось: MadRush (17:20 30-11-2014), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 22:32 27-11-2014   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Hi MadRush!

The rescue capsule (Escape Pod) does launch automatically when your ship is destroyed. It also has an auto-pilot so you can switch that on, then set maximum star-dreamer and wait for it to fly to your destination.
The escape pod only has an interplanetary drive though. So, if you are in a system with no bases then it is game over!

I could add an option so that it also has a navigation computer fitted, so that it automatically turns on autopilot if you have a station targeted and also switches to maximum star-dreamer.
That should be quite straight forward. I might be able to find the nearest station and target it too if there is one in the system... but no promises as this will need new assembly code (x86 asm) which is still quite horrible to add!
If there isn't a station in the current system then it's a "game-over" scenario. I couldn't hyperspace you to another place and dock you, perhaps you are in a distant region of space with no civilisation near by!

And you've asked about the translation of newspapers (перевода газет)
So I guess I must give an answer.

This has always been something that I've wanted to add and give back to the community here... but I haven't said so in case it is impossible to implement. But I've been looking!

In the beginning I didn't know which assembly functions displayed mission/status texts or the newspapers but I think that I know most of them now.

Having given it some thought, external tools aren't a way forward. Any translation would need to be supported within the game itself so that special codes can be replaced with planet, ship or player names etc.

For example, the early Wiccan Ware race story:
Цитата:
M.C.S
OUTSIDER WINS RACE
This decade's Wiccan Ware race has been won in record time by the rank outsider [MiR(Pn or start NPC) in a [MiR(start ship)...

There is already a translation for this in "Mission.dat - Newspapers (Perevod gazet).doc" that's in the beta v1.12 zip:

Цитата:
M.C.S
АУТСАЙДЕР ВЫИГРЫВАЕТ ГОНКУ
Викканская гонка этого десятилетия была выиграна с рекордным временем неведомым аутсайдером MadRush на Saker III Fighter...

I have found that in the FFE assembly code, FUNC_000078 reads and decodes a single story. I can catch the text there before the codes have been replaced.

However, replacing the text is not a trivial task because the decoded story is stored as ASCII text (single-byte) but it needs to use Unicode (multi-byte) to display the characters for Russian and other languages.
This means that I'll first have to try to convert the FFED3DAJ project to Unicode. I've made good progress in half a day, so we'll see...

Ideally, I still need to figure out where the FFE assembly code decodes an individual code such as [MiR(Pn or start NPC) and store the code and result. This would make it easier to insert the values into a translation, but otherwise I'll have to figure it out from the initial and final story text as I can catch both.

I think that I'll also have to replace the text to display that the FFE code sends to contain the story id, variable data and identifiable lines of text that it needs to display, driven by the translation which may be shorter or longer.
It seems that the entire story is uploaded for display even when part of it is off-screen so this seems possible.
Anyway, I don't want to get hopes up just yet - but I am looking at this! Подмигиваю

One concern that I always had was how to expose the original texts without supplying the missions.dat file. (I have always published as a 'patch' to reduce any concern of being told to stop)
Luckily for us, the newspaper stories have already been decoded by Russ Williams and have been online at http://www.jades.org/ffe.htm for a very long time, with permission. They can be downloaded from here
Warning: There are a lot of stories!

Give me this week to try get FFED3DAJ compiling as a Unicode project and then if all is well I can perhaps propose a new set of folders to contain translations for texts. I guess I'd have to load in .rtf flies containing a translation of an individual story. If I do implement then it will only work where missions.dat is present in the game folder. (because FFE is still 'shareware' officially, and not free)

It might all blow up yet - but I will try!

AndyJ

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (04:31 01-12-2014), всего редактировалось 3 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 04:18 01-12-2014   
MadRush
 65 EGP

В данный момент приходится играть так: Если меня убивают, то я вылетаю в космос с последнего сейва и запускаю капсулу, чтобы потерять корабль и груз, это добавляет немало реализма, приходится думать в какие системы можно летать, а куда лучше не пробовать, если есть хоть малый шанс потерять капитал, вот если бы капсулу выбрасывало автоматически и на большое расстояние от агрессора, например на 10-50км в сторону, и если капсулу будет невозможно догнать, потому что её часто убивают, не пришлось бы выдумывать эти танцы с бубнами. ж)

At the moment, you have to play this way: If you kill me, then I will fly into space from the last run, and saves the capsule to lose the ship and cargo, it adds a lot of realism, we have to think in what systems you can fly, and where it is better not to try, if there is even a small chance of losing capital, that if the capsule automatically ejected and at a great distance from the aggressor, such as 10-50km away, and if the capsule will not be able to catch up, because it often killed, would not have to invent these dances with tambourines. ж)
    Добавлено: 17:53 01-12-2014   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

I'm not sure how much I can help with how you would like to play. It is very difficult to change how the FFE game works.
But, I could probably auto-Save the game on leaving a station. Then, if your ship is destroyed and the escape-pod is launched, it could either be set to auto-pilot to the destination station in the current system (perhaps reset initial speed/acceleration to 0 so that it doesn't have to slow down). Or if there is no station, it could reload the 'launch' auto-save game, and reset the ship to be an Eagle with no cargo and perhaps add a random time penalty of at least 1.1x times the game travel time (the difference between leaving the station and the escape-pod launching) to account for another ship rescuing you and returning you home?
(I would have to edit the .asm code to do this, so I cannot promise it can be done!)

Regarding newspaper/journal translations: Progress!

I have got FFED3DAJ building as Unicode now, it was less complicated than I first thought.
And I have now caught the creation of each newspaper story and each variable text that has to be added into it.
It seems that "Mission.dat - Newspapers (Perevod gazet).doc" by HeadHunter, Richas, Steel, The Lich, Hardbard, Sci-Worker and Ottar probably contains all of the translated stories (?) and they are in order. These will need to be separated into individual UTF-8 text files, 0001.txt -> 0671.txt. (wow!)
I have experimented with saved games that use stories 250-255 (Wiccan race) and FFED3DAJ can now read in a translated story, insert the variables into it, format and then split it into lines that will fit the current font-size and screen width... I think!
But I still need to replace the original story texts in a way that I can identify each line and then call a new function to display the translation instead. (and also to be able to have more or less lines than the original!)
Well, this is the idea anyway and it looks like it might work! Гы-гы

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (03:55 04-12-2014), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 03:53 04-12-2014   
Faramir
 387 EGP

Ведущий раздела
Рейтинг канала: 1(5)
Great news AndyJ! Thx for this job! look forward to more news on the implementation of the translation into the game. Супер!
    Добавлено: 10:35 04-12-2014   
MadRush
 65 EGP

Our heartfelt thanks, we've been waiting for this to increase immersion in the game.

Small question of whether to take out Hell Mod Helga balance, inhabited space and stuff? Just as there is a separate file anizatropik
ffehell04a014.exe and
hellmod.exe HellMod v.015a001 Based on glFFE v1.0 - Nic Mod v1.3

Is it possible to make the taking TURNER'S REQUIEM not from 1st to 5th October 3252, and at an arbitrary time after that?

Последний раз редактировалось: MadRush (18:23 04-12-2014), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 17:59 04-12-2014   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

News ... well how about a screenshot? Хы...

Hopefully the text in the screenshot is correct?

My idea worked as planned: having captured each story creation, swapped the text & inserted its variables, they were then stored in a collection. I was then able to replace the contents of the buffer holding the FFE generated text with unique story/line identifiers to fit the translations... e.g.
**S000,000
**S000,001
**S000,002
...and so on... for story 0, lines 0,1,2 etc..
**S001,000 for story 1, line 0 etc...

By catching a string beginning with "**S" I could then use an alternate text-rendering routing to draw the appropriate story/line. et voilà! Scrollable, translated text Улыбка
I think that the routine is working with both English and Russian texts and it formats the text to fit to the screen width and selected game font.

I need to add .cfg settings now to enable/disable the translation code-path and also so that the user can specify which folder to read them from, and then it can easily support multiple translations!

Oh - just another 660+ more text files to edit and copy/paste the relevant .doc file translation into! eek! Совсем запутался...

@MadRush:
I don't know the Hellmod, but perhaps Helga/Steel is about and can give more information on what was altered? Actual source code (.asm/.c) if it still exists would be helpful though. With that, I could easily add the same functionality and wrap it with options to turn changes on/off.

I gather that HellFFE altered ship values?
FFED3DAJ does already supports altering ship data in the same way that Nic Mod did - it will read from shipdata.txt for the JJFFE version, or shipdata_anisotropic.txt for anisotropic build.
Also, take a look in ffed3daj.cfg as there are values below [PATCHES_FFE] or [PACTCHES_ANISO] to set zero weight missiles, double-speed missile:
NoMassMissiles=0
DoubleFastMissiles=0
=0 ... disabled. =1 that patch enabled.
[PATCHES] values apply to both builds.

If you want to have different configurations, save the ffed3daj.cfg with a new name. Create a shortcut to the .exe file and then edit the shortcut properties: The target can state which .cfg to use, e.g.
"C:\FFE D3D\FFED3DAJ.exe" -config ffed3daj_cheats.cfg

I'm not sure what else would have been changed for altering inhabited space. I do know the function in the .asm code that generates system data but I'd need to know what value had been changed to reproduce the same effect.
It's not something I'd want to spend time experimenting with as building the jjffe .asm code every change is tediously slow!

Start positions could probably be altered quite easily - and for those I could probably add 'PATCH_FFE' values in the .cfg file to set values rather than have them hard-coded into the .exe. Then, they can just be edited in the .cfg file by anyone who wants to tweak them.

The Turner missions do happen a bit soon in the game, and can be unexpected, so I understand the thinking.
But if they were to happen later in the game, then this would break the timeline of the newspaper/journal stories. You would have to plan a change of date and swap stories around to fill the gap until the mission becomes available. It's not impossible, but it would need to be worked out and not just arbitrary. There's a table of story orders for each journal that could be tweaked. But is it worth changing this now?

I have also considered adding Anisotropic's "Frontierman" game start into the JJFFE based build as an optional patch. This would then let you play the standard game but earlier in history, within the Frontier time-line, and without the newspaper stories...

<EDIT>
Actually, just noticed that 2nd line originally said "By: M.C.S" for the author of the story. What would that translate to?
"Автор: M.C.S"?

"By:" and "More..." are both strings hard-coded into the .exe, replacing these, BBS messages, planet information etc still needs to be figured out!

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (04:27 05-12-2014), всего редактировалось 4 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 03:53 05-12-2014   
HeadHunter
 2835 EGP

Рейтинг канала: 6(346)
AndyJ :
Hopefully the text in the screenshot is correct?
Oh, very good. All right! Супер!

AndyJ :
I gather that HellFFE altered ship values?

Hell based on the Nic Mod.
+ new ship values, AI (for example - NPC vs. NPC), bounties, graphics, balance, more stars on the map, player vs thargoid ships battles, etc.

I'll try ask Steel about sources.

добавлено спустя 52 минуты:
PS - Steel looks sources on the weekends. Улыбка
Мы родились..

Последний раз редактировалось: HeadHunter (11:05 05-12-2014), всего редактировалось 2 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 11:05 05-12-2014   
MadRush
 65 EGP

HeadHunter, боюсь что последних исходников у Стила нету, и у Хельги, есть только скомпилированные экзешники, Хельга несколько лет назад с трудом разыскала... Но проблема в том, что версия GL очень хороша, красива и баланс конфетка, но падает в винду часто, а версия ffehell04a014 сильно легче, ну и не на 2.8а7, те глазам быстро кердык приходит, хотя если переделать с 2.8, было бы вполне играбельно и не надо никаких D3d, это вероятно не сложно.
    Добавлено: 22:18 05-12-2014   
Канал Elite -> Канал проекта Elite 3 под Direct 3D: «FFE D3D: AndyJ version (22.10.2014)»
На страницу: Пред.  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  След.    Перейти:   Все страницы

Показать: 
Предыдущая тема | Следующая тема |
К списку каналов | Наверх страницы
Цитата не в тему: Я, не нарушая НИ ЕДИНОГО ПРАВИЛА конференции, спокойно ужинал профилями пилотов на ЕГе... (докладывает Harley)

» FFE D3D: AndyJ version (22.10.2014) | страница 7
Каналы: Новости | Elite | Elite: Dangerous | Freelancer | Star Citizen | X-Tension/X-BTF | X2: The Threat | X3: Reunion | X3: Terran Conflict | X Rebirth | X4: Foundations | EVE Online | Orbiter | Kerbal Space Program | Evochron | VoidExpanse | Космические Миры | Онлайновые игры | Другие игры | Цифровая дистрибуция | play.elite-games.ru | ЗВ 2: Гражданская война | Творчество | Железо | Игра Мечты | Сайт
   Дизайн Elite Games V5 beta.18