Elite Games - Свобода среди звезд!
ВНИМАНИЕ!
Наша конференция посвящена космической тематике и компьютерным играм.
Политические вопросы и происходящие в мире события в данный момент на нашем сайте не обсуждаются!

» FFE D3D: AndyJ version (22.10.2014) | страница 3
Конференция предназначена для общения пилотов. Для удобства она разделена на каналы, каждый из которых посвящен определенной игре. Пожалуйста, открывайте темы только в соответствующих каналах и после того, как убедитесь, что данный вопрос не обсуждался ранее.

Поиск | Правила конференции | Фотоальбом | Регистрация | Список пилотов | Профиль | Войти и проверить личные сообщения | Вход

Страница 3 из 13
На страницу: Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  След.    Перейти:   Все страницы
Поиск в этой теме:
Канал Elite » Канал проекта Elite 3 под Direct 3D: «FFE D3D: AndyJ version (22.10.2014)»
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
Рейтинг канала: 5(125)
AndyJ :
I haven't time to look at it further until later next week because I'm due to be away for a few days of fun at a music festival!

Have a good fun! Улыбка
    Добавлено: 12:38 21-08-2013   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
AndyJ :
Could this be the cause?

It's solve the problem with models, thanks! Улыбка

AndyJ :
I'm hoping that it's just assassination missions that are affected?

I was cheked: yes, only assassination missions are affected.

Последний раз редактировалось: Helga (18:22 21-08-2013), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 18:17 21-08-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Рейтинг канала: 6(352)

Helga :
Sorry, my english is to bad.

Your English is excellent Helga!
Thank you for helping me out on a Russian language forum! Супер!

I'm glad to hear that you have found one way to make things run a little smoother.

Something else that I have noticed with the Eagle and Osprey models is that their textures are 2048x2048. Most tend to be 1024x1024 or lower.
If you want to re-enable multiple skins then you could try resizing them to see if it this helps. (keep a copy of original images, obviously).

The other speed issue with the Eagle spaceships is because of how the original game draws the Mk2 and Mk3 Eagles. It draws the Long-Range Eagle first and then adds extra details to the wing tips to turn it into a Mk2 or Mk3. In FFED3D these wing-parts are complete spaceship models. This is why in FFED3D you would see 2 ships merged over each other. In FFED3DAJ you will first see a long-range eagle model that is then replaced by a MK2 or MK3 once the 2nd model has loaded.
So when a Mk2 or Mk3 is first displayed, the game might have to work a little harder than usual, loading 2 models into memory.

Long pauses are probably happening when Windows needs to move data from System memory into the swap file.
The game can sometimes use over 1500MB when there are a lot of models loaded and with all of their textures. The new skies also use some large textures by default, you can free a little more memory by setting hiresCloudTextures=0 although they are not as pretty perhaps!

Vista/Windows 7 users can check for the swap file being used by FFED3DAJ via the Task Manager. In the performance tab (cpu & memory usage) there is a button to launch the Resource Monitor. This will show how much memory is being used by each process. Normally the 3rd column "Hard Faults/sec" has 0 in it - but if the FFED3DAJ process displays figures here then it because Windows is having to push data out of memory into the swap file.

I've had a quick search around to see if maybe the assassination missions are known to be faulty. I found some information on the old alt.fan.elite newsgroup that indicates that the probably are broken in the 0.9c The conversation is from 2007, anisotropic is 2002.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topicsearchin/alt.fan.elite/aniso/alt.fan.elite/5Wg3sGlasaY

Whaddney :
A bug I've noticed in ansio's mod is that you can't do assassination missions, military or non-military.
By that I mean I can fly out and complete the mission as normal, but as soon as I return to base to collect payment my computer crashes.

Nic :
@Whaddney:
After patching several bugs in Aniso's mod, I went to patch the one you speak of.
However, I couldn't even complete the assassination as the game crashed as soon as my laser hit the target.
After spending a while trying to fix that, amongst other bugs in Aniso, I gave up.

So it would appear that Nic had exactly the same problem when he was trying to use the mod with his build of GLFFE. Расстроен
Nic eventually decided to add the best features back into FFE as his own version, named "Nic's mod".

It is odd that the aniffe9c.exe doesn't crash, but perhaps it is more tolerant of the issue, or had an extra fix somewhere which isn't in the source code that was published. It may have to remain as a known issue.

Helga :

Have a good fun! Улыбка

I WILL!!! Thanks! Хы...

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (21:10 21-08-2013), всего редактировалось 4 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 21:06 21-08-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Andy :
It is odd that the aniffe9c.exe doesn't crash, but perhaps it is more tolerant of the issue, or had an extra fix somewhere which isn't in the source code that was published. It may have to remain as a known issue.

Ah. This is indeed the reason. The "Wayback Machine" internet archive site confirms it..
http://web.archive.org/web/20091026233730/http://geocities.com/anisotropic20/
The anisotropic mod, aniffe9c.exe that is here in the downloads area is actually the last "rolling v0.9c update", dated 23/08/2002.
The source code that is available is only for the original v0.9c update, dated 16/08/2002. So the issue was fixed in the .exe but whatever the change was, it was never published in the source code.

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (04:24 22-08-2013), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 04:24 22-08-2013   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
AndyJ :
So the issue was fixed in the .exe but whatever the change was, it was never published in the source code.

Heh, this is sad. Расстроен
    Добавлено: 09:23 22-08-2013   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
I can't scoop fuel from stars, only from gas giants: the ship just flight through the star without scooping fuel or collision. Подозрение.

upd.
I tested in original D3D game and in aniso mod: in both I can't scoop fuel from stars or, somtimes, scoop only 1t and then the ship explosed. In JJFFE 2.8 and based on it aniso 0.9c scooping of fuel works correctly.

Последний раз редактировалось: Helga (14:33 27-08-2013), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 12:00 27-08-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Had a very, very quick test and it seems to work the same for me in FFED3D vs JJFFE/Aniso. I tested with the default start at Hope, gave myself a Cobra MkIII and fuel scoop using Buffet. Launched and Auto-piloted straight to the sun on max time acceleration. It goes to 1x time when displaying that the fuel scoops have activated and scooped 1 tonne of fuel into cargo bay. Clicking max time acceleration adds 1 tonne each time, but after a while my luck runs out and the ship explodes.... I think that's deliberate, scooping from a sun instead of a gas giant is meant to be a dangerous thing to do!
Not sure, but it may happen after you've filled your cargo bay?

Последний раз редактировалось: AndyJ (01:41 28-08-2013), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 01:39 28-08-2013   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
AndyJ :
Not sure, but it may happen after you've filled your cargo bay?

No, I only can scoop 1t maximum in FFED3D but in JJFFE from the same star and the same save I fill cargo bay full and flight away. May be the point is that star model in D3D version not display star outer dimensions correctly and I just flight too close then nessesary. Подозрение. If it is, it's not a problem of the game but I just need to practice and finde right way. Улыбка
    Добавлено: 12:11 28-08-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

The star in FFED3D has a much larger transparent glow surrounding it, the "solid" area is perhaps 60% compared to that in the original game/JJFFE. The graphic is Textures\tex701.png.
To make the solid star match the original, that graphic would need to be edited so that the central solid area is larger with a smaller glow. Someone else would have to do that as I haven't time to edit graphics too. I think that it would probably look odd with a smaller glow though.

Fuel scoop activation distance & behaviour might depend upon the sun type, but I've tested with the one at Gateway. I've used FFED3D/AJ, JJFFE, aniso9c and the original MSDOS release of 'First Encounters'.
All of these will scoop one tonne when you get within 0.5AU distance. I've found that you then need to accelerate time by at least 4x to get each extra tonne of fuel, accelerating time 2x or 3x does not scoop any more fuel. So this appears to be a bug from the original game, but one that is easily worked around by the player.
Flying to within 0.32AU of the star also proved fatal on all versions, I am guessing that the cabin temperature guage should be climbing to maximum as you approach 0.32AU to warn of this, but none of the versions that I tested were updating it. Again, this has perhaps always been broken.

tip- if approaching the sun on autopilot, let it take you half way and then face your ship in the opposite direction (so sun is centred in rear view) and set speed to 0. This then will use your main thrusters to slow you down, some planetary landings also require this technique. If you stop before reaching 0.5AU then use the autopilot to fly halfway again and repeat until you get within 0.5AU. Then repeatedly click 4x time acceleration to gain 1 tonne per 20 seconds of game time.

There are some planets that can be flown through in the original game (e.g. canopus 1) so I'm not entirely surprised that you managed to fly through a sun! Where does this happen though?
    Добавлено: 17:18 28-08-2013   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
AndyJ :
Where does this happen though?

In Arcturus or Altair system, I don't remember exactly. And in Cegreeth I blow up after scooping 1t of fuel. Улыбка

AndyJ :
All of these will scoop one tonne when you get within 0.5AU distance.

I get much close.

AndyJ :
I've found that you then need to accelerate time by at least 4x to get each extra tonne of fuel, accelerating time 2x or 3x does not scoop any more fuel.

I accelerating 3x, may be it's a point. I'll try as you suggested, thanks!
    Добавлено: 09:31 29-08-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Hi Helga, I might have a 'work around' for your assassination mission crash: send a 'surrender or die!" message to the ship before firing at it.
I was then able to destroy it and completed the mission. But, I was told that they were annoyed that the target hadn't boarded the ship, although I was then awarded a golden spike medal! Anyway, it may be a way to complete these missions in the Aniso mod?
    Добавлено: 03:45 06-09-2013   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
AndyJ :
Hi Helga, I might have a 'work around' for your assassination mission crash: send a 'surrender or die!" message to the ship before firing at it.

It's don't work, the game still crashed.
    Добавлено: 18:37 11-09-2013   
AndyJ
 203 EGP

Here is the FFED3DAJ v1.03 patch.

I'm off on holiday shortly so, sorry, I'll be away until next month and may have limited internet to answer any questions.

As before -
If installing this for the first time:
You must add over FFED3D v1.12b++ or Ittiz b3 packages for it to run.
Please be sure to add FFED3D_v1.01_CoreTextures.zip as well - this is REQUIRED!
You may also add FFED3D_v1.01_ExampleSkins.zip for examples of multiple textures & colours on spaceships, cargo containers etc.

Here are the changes:

2013-09-18 - Version 1.03:
+ Hyperspace range circle displays on the System star map.
+ Correction to FFED3D DrawRealSphere routine which was drawing small spheres with a hole left at their top
(e.g. spheres on lifter cargo at default start) or in the case of atmospheres, the sphere could be seen to
interact with other shapes. (e.g. when zooming in on Merlin in the planetary view, at a certain point it
would inherit parts of Aster's panetary rings or draw spikes out of the screen). This might be why
atmospheres weren't activated in the FFED3D v1.12b++ and source code. The underlying problem was an incorrect
calculation of how many verticies it needed to reserve in the vertex buffer when locking it.
+ More colour corrections. System star map grid is correctly drawn with green lines, Purple/orange on adverts.
+ Added option in cfg file to use a darker green for living planet surface colours, enabled by default as the
original bright day-glo green has proved to be somewhat unpopular!
+ Specific fix for displaying cargo Jettison and Parcel/Passenger delivery headings in a green text.
+ Fixed Planetary map was not immediately displaying a White Dwarf when it's the focused object.
+ Fixed shutdown hang when using the "Quit" menu option.
+ Added a NIC mod code fix into the Anisotropic mod to allow travel to Pleione. This fix is enabled in the .cfg
file in the [PATCHES_ANISO] section, "PleioneTravelHack=1".
Because it was described as being a 'a total hack' I've implemented it this way so that it can be disabled
with value 0 in case it creates other problems!
+ Removed 'Insert CDROM' message from the new Anisotropic build where videos are missing.
+ Added support for the original cabin bitmaps, specify DrawCabin=2 in the config file and they should be
present in the game .exe folder. Alternative/higher resolution images in png,dds or tga format can be placed
in the Textures folder and will be loaded in preference. DrawCabin=1 or missing cabins will use tex96.
+ Communication videos can optionally be drawn with transparent background as in FFE.
+ Separate settings for disabling atmosphere and water shaders, were all under usePlanetShaders setting before.
+ Fixed the brief display of the cabin prior to the initial splash screen.
+ Game can now be switched between Windowed and Fullscreen modes using CTRL+F12, and it will resume from a
minimized state. (There are issues remaining with panel textures etc, see the read me file for more detail)
+ Option to automatically pause the game when minimized. This will also pause the intro to save CPU, so note
that when resuming to a paused intro screen, click in the screen to bring up the start view, and then click
the x1 game speed button to begin game time - the button will already be lit by default but the game will
still be paused. This option, pauseGameOnMinimize, is enabled by default.
+ Vent texture isn't randomly draw over the background of the save/load screens.
+ Input area is blanked out before entry of a new commander or file name.
+ Replacement Space station model is drawn during the entire intro. It is mapping the missing intro models
453, 463 and 464 to the game models 74 and 238, re-orienting and scaling as required.
+ For completeness, added support for the [TIMER] section and "maxfps" setting into the .cfg file as the JJFFE
code still uses it. High frame rates may aid attacking pirates, so I'm exposing this setting as a safeguard.
+ Missiles expose skin/color numbers 0 to 7 to identify their type.
+ Proximity mines draw correctly when fired. This was an FFE bug causing only half of a real mine to be
drawn, model 5's commands set Local[0] to -1 but model 4 (the actual mine) checks for non-zero to indicate
that it is a mine mounted on a missile rack. Objects 4 and 5 can also be distinguished with individual .X
models now if someone wishes to create them!
+ Fixed blanking out of an area at the bottom of Inventory/Communication views.

- Removed panel.X from the patch package as installing over an initial FFED3D v1.12b++ caused a mismatch with
its textures. Users should use the JSGME mod switcher and activate "SteveT - Cockpit mod for FFED3D (Base)"
instead if they wish to use the high-poly version. (this is the one with rounded console lights).

FFED3DAJ_v1.03.zip
 Описание:
FFED3DAJ v1.03 executables patch. Requires supporting assets from v1.01
 Имя файла:  FFED3DAJ_v1.03.zip
 Размер файла:  2.33 MB
 Скачано:  822 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 01:56 19-09-2013   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
AndyJ :
Here is the FFED3DAJ v1.03 patch.

If minimised and then restored the game look terrible. Улыбка

Cкрытый текст   (кликните здесь для просмотра)

add
I'll try to increase a little cargo space of airfighters editing shipdata_orig.txt so they don't flight unarmed, but changes are not affected the game. PatchShipData set at 1. What I am doing wrong? Подозрение.

Последний раз редактировалось: Helga (16:47 25-09-2013), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 11:39 25-09-2013   
HeadHunter
 2835 EGP

Рейтинг канала: 6(346)
[Discussion from other topics about FFE graphic mods.]

Olnord :
Ну или может кто знает как из 3D3 установить только кокпит и менюшки, без корабликов и планет.
Helga :
Попробуйте FFE D3D: AndyJ version, там в конфиге можно отключать различные ништяки, включая модели корабликов, чтобы игра шла побыстрее.

http://www.elite-games.ru/conference/viewtopic.php?p=2987676#2987676

Хм.. интересно, действительно - в AndyJ модификации к Д3Д, оказывается, можно отключить, например, атмосферу планет.
Возможно, что много тормозни как-раз из-за атмосферы может быть.
В оригинальной Д3Д атмосфера не отрубалась в конфиге, как помню, а в эту я почти пока не летал из-за нехватки времени.

Если упомянутый вопрос с тормозней удастся решить, то, конечно, да - раз нельзя куски Д3Д перенести в обычную игру (я вопрос так понял ), то можно попробовать отключить новые модельки и посмотреть насколько для игры подойдет всё оставшееся. Улыбка
Хотя, там тоже не всё корректно отображается - дюзы могут мерцать и пропадать, нарисованные номера на кораблях, вроде, не отображаются..

Правда тут тоже интересный вопрос - когда я зыпускал на старом компьютере, то у меня многие оригинальные модели некорректно отображались. Кусков не хватало, мерцание всякое было.
А вот сейчас удалил новые модели, остались старые - вроде более-менее. Хотя, на некоторых моделях тоже какая-то рябь бывает. Может не критично.
Но на этом компе у меня и не тормозит ничего.

Правда опять же - на оригинальных моделях и текстуры старые.

Вообще - если с тормозней удастся справиться, то может и новые модели удастся оставить, может от них не так тормозит.
Хотя, если тормозит вообще, а не из-за той же атмосферы, то печально.

В общем - стоит попробовать. Улыбка
Мы родились..

Последний раз редактировалось: HeadHunter (00:58 27-09-2013), всего редактировалось 5 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 11:25 26-09-2013   
Helga
 1187 EGP

Модератор
HeadHunter :
нарисованные номера на кораблях, вроде, не отображаются..

Это в конфиге настраивается, по умолчанию отключены, но можно и включить.

У меня в основном подтормаживает на планетах и в астероидных полях, но терпимо. В бою тормоза возникают только в момент подгрузки новых моделей, когда нападает целая орава разношёрстных пиратов, но там вроде можно настроить, сколько ранее загруженных моделей держать в кэше и как долго, просто я не стала заморачиваться и оставила все настройки по умолчанию. Были жуткие тормоза при подгрузке мультитекстурных моделей, но я по совету AndyJ отключила мультитекстурность и эта проблема ушла. Улыбка
    Добавлено: 11:58 26-09-2013   
Olnord
 52 EGP

Helga :

Попробуйте FFE D3D: AndyJ version, там в конфиге можно отключать различные ништяки, включая модели корабликов, чтобы игра шла побыстрее.

Именно с ней сейчас и пытаюсь разобраться Улыбка
В принципе, я погорячился, что D3D на моем ноуте не пойдет, просто я запускал - ловил жуткие тормоза на Hope и дальше не пробовал. А вчера прочел, что там космопорт такой глючный, загрузил сейв из JJFFE и, как ни странно, все работает вполне терпимо, учитывая, что железо ну совсем не для таких наворотов - Intel видеокарта интегрированная 128 и 1 гиг оперативки.
Хотя проблемки присутствуют - с кокпитом (радар, индикаторы ускорения времени, топлива, автопилота) визуально не работают, хотя в текстурах все необходимые файлы я вижу. Но самое большое неудобство - черный фон во всех меню, в том числе и карта - на черном фоне видны только текстовые названия планет, ни сетки ни самих небесных объектов не видать, что очень неудобно.
Чуть позже заскриню для наглядности, хотя мне кажется, что Вы понимаете о чем я Улыбка Возможно ли как то исправить?
Ну и заодно, можно ли попросить немного проинструктировать по возможностям настройки этого самого конфига, судя по всему Вы очень в теме и по игре и модернизации оной Улыбка, если вас конечно это не сильно затруднит.

Последний раз редактировалось: Olnord (00:34 27-09-2013), всего редактировалось 1 раз
    Добавлено: 00:33 27-09-2013   
AnrDaemon
 856 EGP

Модератор
Рейтинг канала: 2(24)

У интела пожизненные проблемы с текстурированием.
    Добавлено: 00:35 27-09-2013   
HeadHunter
 2835 EGP

Рейтинг канала: 6(346)
Потом тогда посты перенесу в раздел по Д3Д. Улыбка

Olnord :
Хотя проблемки присутствуют

А как ставил?
По идее надо сначала обычную Д3Д распаковать, а потом AndyJ-версию поверх накатить. Я, в принципе, когда сегодня ставил - распаковал по очереди все архивы из темы AndyJ поверх Д3Д.

А то симптомы все-равно похожи на результат отсутствующих текстур. Хотя не уверен. Может конкретных не хватает, раз какие-то есть.

П.С.: Гм.. нет - походу без оригинала мод вообще не запускается, как минимум начинает на длл одну жаловаться.
Т.ч. да - возможно, все-таки, видюха не тянет чего-то.. с некоторыми играми на ноутбуке тоже наблюдал "черные текстуры" и т.п.
Мы родились..

Последний раз редактировалось: HeadHunter (00:52 27-09-2013), всего редактировалось 4 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 00:37 27-09-2013   
Olnord
 52 EGP

Да понятно, что не GeForce ни разу Улыбка Но на ближайщие пару месяцев в наличии только этот ноут, так что попробую как то помирить его с игрушкой, тем более время образовалось свободное.

добавлено спустя 7 минут:
HeadHunter :
Потом тогда посты перенесу в раздел по Д3Д. Улыбка

Улыбка

HeadHunter :
А как ставил?

Именно так и ставил, пробовал и минимальную установку Д3Д (модельки, текстурки,exe) и полную, а сверху AndyJ-версию, включая последние патчи.

Вот, собственно, пациент:
http://www.picamatic.com/show/2013/09/27/03/10/9661773_1024x764.jpg

Вот для всего того, что не "светится" на кокпите как положено, в папке текстур все есть. Если виновата видеокарта, то как то странно избирательно она не прорисовывает, иконки ведь работают и корректно.
По поводу карты - в оригинале и в JJFFE фоном там задействованы CABIN0 и т.д., а вот здесь какая текстура должна там быть?

Последний раз редактировалось: Olnord (02:42 27-09-2013), всего редактировалось 3 раз(а)
    Добавлено: 00:49 27-09-2013   
Канал Elite -> Канал проекта Elite 3 под Direct 3D: «FFE D3D: AndyJ version (22.10.2014)»
На страницу: Пред.  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  След.    Перейти:   Все страницы

Показать: 
Предыдущая тема | Следующая тема |
К списку каналов | Наверх страницы
Цитата не в тему: Не. В эту тему я не писец. (OEM)

» FFE D3D: AndyJ version (22.10.2014) | страница 3
Каналы: Новости | Elite | Elite: Dangerous | Freelancer | Star Citizen | X-Tension/X-BTF | X2: The Threat | X3: Reunion | X3: Terran Conflict | X Rebirth | X4: Foundations | EVE Online | Orbiter | Kerbal Space Program | Evochron | VoidExpanse | Космические Миры | Онлайновые игры | Другие игры | Цифровая дистрибуция | play.elite-games.ru | ЗВ 2: Гражданская война | Творчество | Железо | Игра Мечты | Сайт
   Дизайн Elite Games V5 beta.18